Teaching the Word of God
At Pole Creek, we believe the Bible to be the Word of God. It is sufficient for all life's questions and demands and reveals God's plan for mankind's relationship with Him. Because the Word of God is so vital to every aspect of life, we take a very comprehensive approach to the study of the scriptures.
Moral stories become a master plan. A church becomes a culture of grace. Good deeds become a holy mission. This is the work of the Gospel. Our curriculum, The Gospel Project, is an ongoing group Bible study resource that helps participants encounter the Gospel of Jesus Christ on every page of Scripture. This chronological, Christ-centered Bible study will help you turn the Gospel story into a Gospel culture and motivate participants to engage in missions at home and around the world.
We want everyone to be a part of Bible Study in order to experience community, dive into God's Word, serve side by side, and build authentic relationships. If you have questions or would like to connect with a group, feel free to call the church office, 828-667-4053, ext. 2 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We offer Bible Study at 9:30 am & 11:00 am. Should you wish to visit several classes, to find the right fit for you, please do.
Ages vary for all classes and are not required to attend the class. Each age group is an average within the class.
9:30 am Bible Study Groups
- Mary's Ministry - Gloria Anderson, meeting in the first classroom to the left, in the Education wing (adult women of all ages)
- Abide - Jeff Frady, meeting in the last classroom on the right in the Education wing (adults age 30+)
- Chasing Joy - Bron and Karen Holcomb, meeting in the Choir Room, in the Education wing (adults age 25+)
- Good Samaritans - Peggy McClure, meeting in the Fellowship Hall (adults age 65+)
- Faith in Action - Gwenda Phillips, meeting in the classroom on the left side near the end of the Education wing (adults 55+)
- Disciples of the King - Keith Lindsay, meeting in the classroom across from the Choir Room, in the Education wing (adults 45+)
- Connections - Sam White, meeting in the classroom in the middle, left of the Education wing (college & career age adults)
- Students - Pastor Chase Harris, meeting in the PowerHouse, Student Center
- Children - Angelina Branche, meeting in the Children's Department
11:00 am Bible Study Groups
- Young at Heart - Alan Young, meeting in the Choir Room, in the Education wing (adults of all ages)
- Open Door - Tony Smith, meeting in the last classroom on the left in the Education wing (adults age 50+)
Ages vary for all classes and are not required to attend the Adult Bible Study class. Each age group is an average within the class.
We offer additional short-term Bible Study groups periodically that meet both on and off campus during the week. Take a look at the small groups below. Be sure to keep an eye out for new ones. For more information contact our office by email at email@example.com or by phone at (828) 667-4053.
R.E.A.L. Women's Ministry
At Pole Creek, we value women! We have three thriving Women's Missionary Union (WMU) circles, Bible studies just for women, a fitness ministry that meets 4x per week, groups of ladies that attend women's conferences together and much more! To get connected, visit our Women's page. There you will find more information and ways to get in contact with those leaders.